Skippy's World

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

"To Strive, To Seek, To Find, And Not To Yield."


"Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and tho’
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
-Ulysses, Alfred Lord Tennyson

It's hard to believe that it's already almost over.


I'm sitting in the remnants of my room, the remains of my belongings strung haphazardly around my room, a constant reminder that he who would blog at 4:30am is not someone whose packing model should be emulated.

Who would’ve ever imagined the changes this year would bring to my life. From first love and heartbreak to inspired hope and electoral loss, it was a year whose events and outcome would’ve been dismissed as fantasy on January 1, 2004.


But it happened. It was what it was and for better, and certainly for worse, I survived. Actually, while I might have come out of it bruised and somewhat broken there’s no doubt I’m stronger and certainly still kicking.

You couldn’t write an entry about the last year without a poignant note about friendship. The camaraderie I have known in the last year have been unlike anything I have ever known in my life, the companionship and virtue that have brought me to this point has been something that I recognize as extraordinary.


It the same bond of friendship stretched from the kiddie pool on the corner of 22nd and F to the research closet at Kerry HQ, the treasured shared experiences that cement a lifetime of connection. So thank you to everyone who has been part of this extraordinary adventure that I am lucky enough to call my own.

And now it’s time to take this madness across the ocean, London bound and hell bent on making the most of my limited time there. So here’s to the next time I see you around, promise me we’ll get in some trouble.


Signing off,

Adam Conner


Until Next Time... Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home